Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Always a Bridesmaid

Let's take a minute to talk about the plight of the bridesmaid. For every bride that wants the bridesmaids to like what they are wearing, there is a bride who picks the most outrageous, hideous monstrosity of a dress. Beaming with pride she says "Isn't this the cutest dress ever?." Oh, so adorable! Like the nice little canary yellow number my friend picked here. Who ever would decide "Hey, I think Canary Yellow is the perfect color for a dress?" I am Irish, my skin is the color of chalk. I may now have to take a page from Kate Gosselin's book and get a fake tan for this event. My only fear is that I will turn burnt sienna, thus further emphasizing the fact that THE DRESS IS YELLOW!

Does anyone else have a bridesmaid disaster story? What was your philosophy on bridesmaid dresses when you got married? Should I go tanning? Where do I sell a bright yellow dress when all of this is over?